Friday, January 14, 2011

I <3 (SS weaponry)

BBC details on how the Indian urban youth is growing to a weird sense of elation about Hitler. Well, India seems to be heading somewhere! 'Mein Führer' seems to be the next generation's singsong... as bad as that sounds, its still better than idolizing Mikka or Salman Khan. I could confirm to that BBC article, for I've myself been seeing the real estate Hitler's autobiography "Mein Kampf" gets on the pavements of Connaught Place in Delhi. Those booksellers might not have Gandhi, but they do have Hitler.

Coincidentally, a few days back, this guy was also busy feeling immortal holding that Shutzstaffel dagger - those bleeding beautiful magnanimous blade weapons - that bore the etching "Meine Ehre heißt Treue".

It translates to - "My Honor Is My Loyalty", motto of the Armed unit of SS (Waffen SS). These were long-blade HJ knives, in an etymological sense... did I mention they are bleeding beautiful?...
Now even his office messenger status goes "Meine Ehre heißt Treue". He might even borrow it from PD for a few weeks; feel a new surge of vitality, even more than those herbal supplements that promise to turn you into a neighing horse. It is Rishi-Sadhus' hundreds of years of 'Tapasya' vs German steel works, to pick one.

Then there's also the occasional endless affinity to some aspect of the German life and history; but in no way does that put me in the above article's referred crowd mindset. No Hitlergruß to turn me on.

No comments: