Sunday, April 24, 2005

Delicacies

When I woke up this morning, I started my day with some tasty mango juice and loads of chesse!! After that began my regular round of surfing, which popped up in my mind Cult of the Dead Cow Blog, which I had grew fond of but discontinued following it lately. As always, the postings were nothing short of thought-provoking and informative. I guess nerds are best at that.

That site contained a link to this old, but wonderful article:
Orwell's Elephant and the Parading of Qusai and Odai Hussein
by Pierre Tristam

It relates the ideas expressed by George Orwell in "Shooting an Elephant" to the acts of USA in showing its superpower status.


Other than that, I also learnt something more about Backmasking, which is art of putting hidden messages in your songs consciously/unconsciously. Led Zeppelin is said to have excelled at it. Hell, those who work on this even found Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to be condemning Allah.


Then there's a long biography of Carlos, the Jackal: International Terrorist. Some claim him to be the most dangerous person on the planet, who has been responsible for many of the famous assasinations.

I also found a great review of Song 2's "Coffee and TV" music video, which is a 6+ min delight.


Will keep giving more and more from the world of the net.

No comments: